CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

THOSE RUBY SLIPPERS OF PEACE

Peace is a beautiful thing. What is peace? Peace for me is when fear is absent. That sounds simple, but for me it was difficult. I could bring my mind to a place of peace for a few moments, but soon my thoughts wondered to the "what ifs", and I was worrying about things that would probably never happen.


The Wizard of Oz has little lessons for us. One such lesson is symbolized by the ruby slippers. I see those shoes as a symbol for peace, or transcending fear. I see the Wicked Witch as that part of ourselves that wants to sit in terror of the possibilities that might befall us. The Good Witch tells Dorothy that the ruby slippers must be very important if the Wicked Witch wants them so badly; never take them off.


Today I can't say I have overcome fear, but when I slip there is always something that comes my way to let me know, "Hey, you're doing it again." Yesterday, when I was "doing it again", I heard in my head this lovely song from the Wizard of Oz. It is called Optomistic Voices, wonderful name! I found it on YouTube and you can listen to it here.





0 comments: